How BirthWorks Works
- The knowledge about how to give birth already exists inside every woman. Women’s bodies were designed to give birth.
- The nutrition of a pregnant woman has a great impact on the health of her baby from its life as a fetus through adulthood and that breast milk provides optimum nutrition for the newborn baby.
- A woman will labor the best wherever she feels the safest and most secure. For some that may be a hospital; for others it may mean at home or in an alternative birthing center.
- Birthing a baby requires integration of the mind, body, and spirit.
- Birth is one of the greatest challenges life has to offer. It provides an opportunity for personal growth.
- While a cesarean section can be necessary at times, the current rate is too high.
- In most cases, VBAC (Vaginal Birth After Cesarean) is a safer alternative to routine repeat cesareans.
- The practice of Human Values builds character and instills confidence in birth and life.
- BirthWorks is a process, not a method. BirthWorks seeks to facilitate a woman’s or a couple’s personal process in childbearing, not to impart a preconceived method of labor and birth. There is not one right way to give birth; each birth is unique.
- A woman in labor deserves an environment in which her privacy, autonomy, and emotional security are protected, and her mobility is encouraged.
- Expectant parents should have access to information they need about obstetrical procedures. They should participate in decisions regarding the judicious use of obstetrical medications and procedures.
- A woman’s beliefs influence her birth. Exploring her beliefs heightens self-awareness, serving as a catalyst for positive change.
- The emotions of a birthing woman have profound effects on the birth outcome. Women must be allowed to express all their birth-related feelings.
- Love is the foundation upon which positive birthing begins, and that one must have love of oneself before being able to love others.
Inspiration in Support of BirthWorks Philosophy
About The Book
About The Book
To experience Cathy’s deep wisdom, read Birthing in the Spirit!
- Connect with women giving birth, across cultures and time
- Understand the transforming power of birth
- Be deeply touched and inspired to embrace positive changes