A Spiritual Approach
Mothers already know how to birth, we teach you to faciliate that uncovering
100% support through your entire training and certification process builds your confidence
Best practices for supporting families from the latest quantitative and qualitative academic science
What is the Value of
Cross-Certifying with BirthWorks?
Are you already trained as an educator or doula with another organization, and feel something is missing? (Maybe you “tiptoe” at a hospital birth, or parents you serve want more than stages of labor or intervention info?) Maybe you seek compassionate, effective ways to be with parents?
Gain Unique Expertise
Gain Unique Expertise
- Chose your unique Cross-Certification Path
- Read the BirthWorks requirements below
- Identify your past childbirth educator or doula work that is applicable
- Apply to submit your past work for review and receive credit for some requirements to get Advanced Placement status to finish more quickly – application fee is $100
- Receive a personalized Completion Plan for consideration, if accepted…
- Register to officially cross-certify with BWI – certification fee is $250
- Meet your Personal Mentor and have support along the way!
- Complete Your Plan including a workshop
- Receive Your New Certification!
If you want subtle, significant ways
to enhance birth and mother/baby health...
and to reveal yourself as the most capable and inspired professional possible, start your BirthWorks journey. This is an opportunity to be one of the most fantastic, inspiring and well-informed birth professionals now.
Which is Your Professional Path to Cross-Certification
* Most of our cross-certification students already finished items with * before starting!
FEES: $100US application review fee + $250US certification program fee + ~$500 workshop fee ($50 off early discount)
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDBIRTH EDUCATOR ~ CCE(BWI)
- Provide childbirth educator qualification*
- Submit work for program requirements* – self-reflection (autobiography, birth experiences and birth events), breastfeeding preparation, hospital/birth center visits, homebirth midwife interview
- Agree to BirthWorks Statement of Beliefs, Ideals, Standards and Scope of Practice
- Do Written Requirements* – ten book reviews, three medical study critiques, three topic papers
- Attend BirthWorks Childbirth Educator Workshop – virtual or in-person training
- Take the Final Exam – based on comprehensive BirthWorks Childbirth Educator Manual
- Teach BirthWorks Childbirth Education series
- Become a Member of BirthWorks!
When you cross-certify with BirthWorks ~ you are part of a heart-centered, highly-trained group of professionals and an inspired, intentional community. Together, we make a significant difference to transform the state of birth locally and around the world.
BirthWorks Birth Professionals are the voice for mothers and babies worldwide. We trust the birth process and bring awareness, calm, humility and love with our presence. Our excellent values-based support grows clients’ confidence and means birth outcomes for babies and mothers… which leads to ease in postpartum… and healthier babies and families from day one!