A Spiritual Approach
Mothers already know how to birth, we teach you to faciliate that uncovering
100% support throughout your entire training and certification process gives you confidence that you'll be the best
Best practices for supporting families from the latest quantitative and qualitative academic science
What is the Value of
Cross-Certifying with BirthWorks?
Are you trained as a birth or postpartum doula, or childbirth educator, with another organization, and feel something is missing? (Maybe you “tiptoe” at a hospital birth, or parents you serve need more than info on stages of labor and interventions/risks/benefits?) Maybe you feel there are more compassionate, effective ways to do postpartum care?
Gain Unique Expertise
Gain Unique Expertise
- Chose your unique Cross-Certification Path
- Read the BirthWorks requirements
- Identify your past childbirth educator or doula work that is applicable
- Apply to submit your past work for review and receive credit for some requirements to get Advanced Placement status to finish more quickly
- Receive a personalized Completion Plan for consideration
- Register to officially cross-certify with BirthWorks International
- Meet your Personal Mentor and have support along the way!
- Complete Your Plan
- Receive Your New Certification!
If you want subtle, significant ways
to enhance birth and mother/baby health...
and to reveal yourself as the most capable and inspired professional possible, start your BirthWorks journey. This is an opportunity to be one of the most fantastic, inspiring and well-informed birth professionals now.
Which is Your Professional Path to Cross-Certification
* Most of our cross-certification students already finished items with * before starting!
REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDBIRTH EDUCATOR ~ CCE(BWI)
- Provide childbirth educator qualification*
- Submit work for program requirements* – self-reflection (autobiography, birth experiences and birth events), breastfeeding preparation, hospital/birth center visits, homebirth midwife interview
- Agree to BirthWorks Statement of Beliefs, Ideals, Standards and Scope of Practice
- Do Written Requirements* – ten book reviews, three medical study critiques, three topic papers
- Attend BirthWorks Childbirth Educator Workshop – virtual or in-person training
- Take the Final Exam – based on comprehensive BirthWorks Childbirth Educator Manual
- Teach BirthWorks Childbirth Education series
- Become a Member of BirthWorks!
When you cross-certify with BirthWorks you become part of both a heart-centered, highly-trained group of birth professionals and an inspired, intentional community. Together, we make a significant difference to transformation of the state of birth around the world.
BirthWorks Birth Professionals are the voice for mothers and babies worldwide. We trust the birth process and in doing so bring awareness, calm, humility and love with our presence. Our excellent values-based support grows clients’ confidence and creates better birth outcomes for babies and mothers… this leads to easier postpartum time… and healthier babies and their families from day one!