A Spiritual Approach
Mothers already know how to birth, we teach you to faciliate that uncovering
Keep Heart in BirthWorks
Work locally, connect globally ~ be part of an inspiring, important vision and mission where together we transform
Best practices for supporting families from the latest quantitative and qualitative academic science
What is the Value of
Re-Certifying with BirthWorks?
Both BirthWorks and the birth field grow and change – so should you! Stay aware of best-practices and enhance your professional skills and confidence. (Birth workers from other organizations often share they feel something is missing.) Keeping up with BirthWorks assures you embody compassionate, effective ways to support the best health outcomes for ALL moms and babies, and can bring joyful ease to new parents lives!
Key Info About Re-Certification!
Key Info About Re-Certification!
- Once you earn your certificate, recertification is required every two years. This assures highly-qualified, active BirthWorks professionals which maintains your reputation locally and BirthWorks reputation globally.
- Pay your fees:
- Recertification is $125 for Childbirth Educators CCE(BWI), Birth Doulas CBE(BWI) or Postpartum Doulas CPD(BWI). ACED professionals pay a discounted fee of $185 to cover both CCE(BWI) and CBE(BWI).
- Please maintain active membership $75/year (discounted for multiple years – even pay just once for Lifetime Member). Get varied benefits, be part of an impactful community and help grow BirthWorks – thank you!
- Fulfill BirthWorks recertification requirements specific to your program and send work to email@example.com before your two-year deadline.
- Receive your updated Certificate!
Which is Your Professional Re-Certification Path
CHILDBIRTH EDUCATOR ~ CCE(BWI) REQUIREMENTS:
- Agree to uphold BirthWorks Ideals, Professional Standards & Philosophy & remain in good standing, with ongoing membership!
- Choose one of the following:
- Continuing Education – attend any childbirth related conference, seminar or workshop (BirthWorks or other) and write about your experience (250-500 words); OR
- Provide documentation you completed 15 hours of continuing education in the past two years; OR
- Submit either a book review (of a book from our book list) or write an article or blog for BirthWorks (250-500 words).
- Childbirth Education experience – facilitate a minimum of one full class series a year or three private sessions (at least five hours in length), and submit a participant list and the documentation form. It is required you use the BirthWorks Childbirth Educator Manual and to teach.
- If you did not teach, write an explanation of why and show proof of at least ten additional continuing education hours on childbirth topics; OR write on a current trend in childbirth for BirthWorks e-news (250-500 words).
- All classes taught and continuing education hours must be after the date you received your current BirthWorks Certificate.
Want to Re-Enter and complete your
If you started training in the past and did not yet complete, you are in the right place! (If you took a leave of absence, resigned and want to come back, or just lost touch – we understand sometimes life gets crazy and plans shift.) Our hope is to get you back actively working! Reach out and we can help you get your Certificate – to be one of they most well-informed and inspiring birth professionals now.
Steps and Info AboutRe-Entry & Re-Instatement!
- RE-ENTRY if you started a certification program in the past and never finished. Join an online meeting, to co-create a plan to catch up to BirthWorks professional high-quality standards.
- Pay your fees – (1) $250 Re-Entry fee and (2) updated membership – pay any past due years ($75/year or discounts for multiple years – or just pay once for Lifetime Membership) and (3) if a new Mentor is needed a $250 Mentoring fee may be required.
- Fulfill workshop requirement depending on re-entry status:
- Inactive for 3 years or less: you are encouraged to attend a workshop but it’s not required – UNLESS your initial workshop was over three years ago, then you must attend either intensive BirthWorks BirthPrep! as a refresher (less time and money) or can opt to take your BirthWorks program workshop again.
- Inactive more than 3 years: then you must register to re-take your BirthWorks program workshop.
- Retaking a workshop is necessary and of great value because every year we add current evidence-based information and experiential learning opportunities, so you can be best informed as a birth professional.
- RE-INSTATEMENT if you were certified in the past and want to become active again –
- Pay your fees – (1) $250 Re-Instatement fee and (2) updated membership – pay any past due years ($75/year or discounts for multiple years – or just pay once for Lifetime Membership).
- Submit two reports (500 words each) on two readings from our suggested reading list (or ask for approval for a different book) and send work to firstname.lastname@example.org.
BirthWorks Birth Professionals are the voice for mothers and babies worldwide. We trust the birth process and in doing so bring awareness, calm, humility and love with our presence. Our excellent values-based support grows clients’ confidence and creates better birth outcomes for babies and mothers… this leads to easier postpartum time… and healthier babies and their families from day one!