A Spiritual Approach
Mothers already know how to birth, we teach you to faciliate that uncovering
Keep Heart in BirthWorks
Work locally, connect globally ~ be part of an inspiring, important vision and mission where together we transform
Best practices for supporting families from the latest quantitative and qualitative academic science
What is the Value of
Re-Certifying with BirthWorks?
Both BirthWorks and the birth field grow and change – so should you! Stay aware of best-practices and enhance your professional skills and confidence. Birth workers from other organizations reach us more and more saying something is missing. If you keep up with BirthWorks — you embody compassionate, effective ways to enhance birthing, assure best health outcomes for ALL moms and babies, and bring joyful ease to new parents lives!
Key Info About Re-Certification!
Key Info About Re-Certification!
- Recertification is required every two years
- Recertification assures highly-qualified, active BirthWorks professionals and maintains BirthWorks reputation globally and your reputation locally
- Recertification fee is $125 for Childbirth Educator, Birth Doula and Postpartum Doula
- ACED professionals are offered a discounted recertification fee of $185 total
- Please maintain active membership $75/year (or discounted for multiple years)
- Membership gives varied benefits, allows you to be part of an impactful community and helps grow BirthWorks impact – thank you!
- Fulfill BirthWorks recertification requirements specific to your certification program
- Send your Recertification work to email@example.com before the two-year deadline
- Receive your updated Certification status!
Which is Your Professional Re-Certification Path
RECERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR CHILDBIRTH EDUCATOR ~ CCE(BWI)
- Agree to uphold BirthWorks Ideals, Professional Standards & Philosophy & Remain in good standing with BirthWorks, with ongoing membership!
- Continuing Education attend any childbirth related conference, seminar or workshop (BirthWorks or other) and write about your experience (250-500 words); or
- Provide documentation you have completed 15 hours of continuing education in the past two years; or
- Submit either a book review (of a book from our book list) or write an article or blog for BirthWorks (250-500 words).
- Childbirth Education experience – facilitate a minimum of one full class series a year or three private sessions (at least five hours in length), submit a class participant list and complete the documentation form. It is required you use the BirthWorks Childbirth Educator Manual and to teach.
- All continuing education hours and class taught must be after the date you received BirthWorks certification. If you did not teach, write an explanation of why and show proof of at least ten additional continuing education hours on childbirth topics; or write on a current trend in childbirth for BirthWorks e-news (250-500 words).
Want to Re-Enter and complete your
If you started training in the past and did not yet complete, you are in the right place! (If you took a leave of absence, resigned and want to come back, or just lost touch – we understand sometimes life gets crazy and plans shift. Our hope is to get you back actively working! Reach out and we can help you – take advantage of the opportunity to be one of the most well-informed and inspiring birth professionals now.
Steps and Information About Re-Entry!
- Pay your Re-Entry fee – $250 to cover your online meeting, developing your support plan, and Mentoring to catch you up to BirthWorks professional high-quality standards. Fees also help grow BirthWorks mission, enhancing our reputation globally and yours locally – thanks!
- Check your Membership status – pay any back memberships. Remember to maintain active membership $75/year (or discounted for multiple years) which gives varied benefits, allows you to be part of an impactful community, and grows BirthWorks impact – thank you!
- Fulfill Re-entry workshop requirement depending on your status:
- Inactive for 3 years or less: you are encouraged to attend a BirthWorks workshop but it is not required – UNLESS your initial workshop was over three years ago, then you must attend either intensive BirthWorks BirthPrep! as a refresher (less time and money) or re-take the BirthWorks program workshop.
- Inactive more than 3 years: then you must register and re-take your BirthWorks program workshop.
- Retaking a workshop is necessary because every year we add more evidence-based current information and experiential learning opportunities to our workshops, so to be the most informed as a birth professional this will be of great value to you.
- If you were certified in the past and want to become active again – submit reports (500 words each) on two readings from our suggested reading list (or ask for approval for a different book)
- If you started a certification program in the past and never finished – join us for an online meeting to co-create a support plan and after you can complete any additional work so you can be certified! It is possible if a new Mentor is needed, a $250 Mentoring fee is required.
- Receive Your New Certification!
BirthWorks Birth Professionals are the voice for mothers and babies worldwide. We trust the birth process and in doing so bring awareness, calm, humility and love with our presence. Our excellent values-based support grows clients’ confidence and creates better birth outcomes for babies and mothers… this leads to easier postpartum time… and healthier babies and their families from day one!