Become a Birth Doula
Birth Doula Training & Certification through BirthWorks International
We make certifying as a birth doula easy!
Are you inspired to support women and their families to have the most positive birth experiences?
As a Birth Doula, your continuous presence with a laboring woman helps her feel safe This allows labor to progress, and shorter labor means fewer interventions. As a BirthWorks International certified Birth Doula, you receive high quality, premium, comprehensive training and can bring the unique, experiential approach to human values, to help integrate mind, body, and spirit in birth.
Receive Mentorship Through Your Doula Training!
- Birth Doula Certification program: $1,075US (early bird discount available)
- Birth Doula workshop (open to anyone wanting to bring the BirthWorks Experience to birthing mothers: Choose a workshop. $525US regular tuition or $475US early bird discount
- Birth Doula Cross-Certification program - for those certified by other doula organizations, inquire: email@example.com. SPECIAL: $800 to cross certify or $200 per month.
Start Your Birth Doula Journey Today!
BirthWorks Doula Certification Process
- Enrollment and pay fees
- Complete your BirthWorks Doula Journal Workbook
- Attend a three-day BirthWorks Birth Doula Workshop and complete follow-up work
- Attend two births and obtain evaluations from the mother and a professional member of the birth team for each birth.
Highlights of Our Doula Training
- Receive Mentorship throughout your Doula training - your own Personal Mentor will help you from start to finish.
- Understand how to work with the energy surrounding labor and birth.
- Recognize that integration of the mind, body, and spirit generates a more positive birth experience.
- See yourself as a companion to the birthing woman, providing information to help her develop a birth plan prior to birth and staying with her throughout her entire labor, so she can feel safe to let go and give birth.
- Become experienced in the practice and application of Pelvic Bodywork and the Four Principles of Optimal Pelvic Positioning using gravity and movement labor for more positive birth experiences.
- Realize how emotions and nutrition of a pregnant woman have a great impact on the health of her baby from his life as a fetus through adulthood.
- Understand that breast milk provides optimum nutrition for the newborn baby, and therefore encourages breastfeeding whenever possible.
- Respects the privacy of a laboring woman and her family.
- Become trained to recognize the progress of labor by observing body physiology, facial expressions and speech.
People who experience BirthWorks Doula Trainings say they:
- Learn how Optimal Pelvic Positioning and Pelvic Bodywork help labor progress
- Know how to decrease stimulation of the neocortex during labor
- Understand the deep significance of the microbiome, birth physiology, and Primal Health
- Enhance positive energy around a birthing woman
- Gain awareness of nonpharmacological and other comfort measures for labor and birth
- Trust in birth as an instinctive process
- Understand physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of giving birth
- Understand ways to practice Human Values in labor and in life
- Realize the impact of mother-daughter relationships in birth