Become a Childbirth Educator
Would you like to help birthing parents learn what really matters to have the birth of their dreams? All women are born with the knowledge about how to give birth. Birth is instinctive and what is instinctive doesn’t need to be learned. Rather, we teach women to have more trust and faith in their body knowledge that already knows how to give birth. This is a unique and innovative approach that through the practice of human values integrates the mind, body, and spirit, helping to increase confidence and decrease fear in birth.
Receive mentorship throughout your training!
Our Certification is a 4-Step Process
- Complete the enrollment form and pay applicable fees.
- Complete your BirthWorks Doula Journal Workbook.
- Attend a three-day BirthWorks Doula Workshop and complete reading and written exercises.
- Attend two births and obtain evaluations from the mother and a professional member of the birth team for each birth.
Website Accounts and Logging In
- You must log into the website to enroll and be assigned a mentor.
- Use the Log In link in the website top menu to log in. You can also use this link to log out.
- Once you log in, return to this page and click the "Begin Here" button below. This will take you to the Enrollment page for this Training.
- If you do not have a BirthWorks International account, you may create a free account by clicking the Log In link.
Highlights of our training
- Receive Mentorship throughout your training
- Receive both an academic and emotional training in preparation for birth, recognizing that the practice of human values leads to integration of the mind, body, and spirit, leading to more confidence and less fear in birth.
- Learn Pelvic Bodywork and the “Four Principles of Optimal Pelvic Positioning” and their application to help a woman in labor use gravity and movement to birth her baby.
- Understand that emotions and nutrition of a pregnant woman have a great impact on the health of her baby from his life as a fetus through adulthood.
- Become informed about the significance of the hormone behaviors, adrenaline language, the function of the microbiome on our immune system, and Primal Health.
- Experience grieving and healing to facilitate normal birth.
- Become convinced that a woman’s body is born with the knowledge about how to give birth.
People who experience BirthWorks say they:
- Learn how Optimal Pelvic Positioning and Pelvic Bodywork help labor progress
- Know how to decrease stimulation of the neocortex during labor
- Understand the deep significance of the microbiome, birth physiology, and Primal Health
- Enhance positive energy around a birthing woman
- Gain awareness of nonpharmacological and other comfort measures for labor and birth
- Trust in birth as an instinctive process
- Understand physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of giving birth
- Understand ways to practice Human Values in labor and in life
- Realize the impact of mother-daughter relationships in birth