Kangaroula Workshop – New Jersey USA
March 21 @ 9:00 am - March 22 @ 5:00 pm EDT$299 – $350
Internationally known Trainers: Jill & Dr. Nils Bergman
Dive deeper into the Art of NurtureScience!
Nurturescience is the new neuroscience.
Learn how to do what you already do, better!
Audience – Advanced training for all health professionals, including neonatal nurses, midwives, birth and postpartum doulas and childbirth educators certified through any organization.
A Kangaroula Doula is one who knows skin-to-skin contact is essential to the health and wellness of both the mother and baby, so advocates primarily for the baby. Come to embody the philosophy and practice of Nurture Science. Receive new research-based, impactful information.
- How nurture matters for brain wiring of all babies, but how also to apply this for small and sick babies (premature).
- The powerful connection of mother and baby – the two truths – Zero-Separation of mother -baby is our biology, and the mother-baby dyad should never be left alone.
- The Innate Newborn Agenda – The mother’s body precisely controls every element of her infant’s physiology, from heart rate to release of hormones, appetite, temperature, and the intensity of activity. “This creates an invisible hot house in which the infants’ development can unfold” (Hofer)
- How brain wiring is place-dependent-the critical moments at birth and after are when baby brain cells are fired and wired by maternal sensory inputs. There are more synapses in the brain of a newborn baby than stars in the universe, so every baby is born with the full potential of the universe.
- Ways to help avoid Infant Brain Dysregulation and enhance social connection through life (to avoid the tendency for later social withdrawal).