Be a Birth Doula
The Birth Doula Training
Would you like to help women and their families have more positive birth experiences? As a doula, it is your continuous presence with a woman in labor that helps her to feel safe and allows labor to progress. This means shorter labors and fewer interventions. Become a birth doula now and receive our high quality, premium, comprehensive training that includes a unique, experiential approach that with the practice of human values, integrates the mind, body, and spirit in birth.
Receive Mentorship Throughout Your Training!
Other training opportunities you may want to consider
Our Certification is a 4-Step Process
- Complete the enrollment form and pay applicable fees.
- Complete your BirthWorks Doula Journal Workbook.
- Attend a three-day BirthWorks Doula Workshop and complete reading and written exercises.
- Attend two births and obtain evaluations from the mother and a professional member of the birth team for each birth.
Highlights of Our Training
- Receive Mentorship throughout your training.
- Understand how to work with the energy surrounding labor and birth.
- Recognizes that integration of the mind, body, and spirit generates a more positive birth experience.
- See yourself as a companion to the birthing woman, providing information to help her develop a birth plan prior to birth and staying with her throughout her entire labor so she can feel safe to let go and give birth.
- Become experienced in the practice and application of Pelvic Bodywork and the Four Principles of Optimal Pelvic Positioning using gravity and movement labor for more positive birth experiences.
- Realize how emotions and nutrition of a pregnant woman have a great impact on the health of her baby from his life as a fetus through adulthood.
- Understand that breast milk provides optimum nutrition for the newborn baby, and therefore encourages breastfeeding whenever possible.
- Respects the privacy of a laboring woman and her family.
- Become trained to recognize the progress of labor by observing body physiology, facial expressions and speech.
People Who Experience BirthWorks Say They:
- Learn how Optimal Pelvic Positioning and Pelvic Bodywork help labor progress
- Know how to decrease stimulation of the neocortex during labor
- Understand the deep significance of the microbiome, birth physiology, and Primal Health
- Enhance positive energy around a birthing woman
- Gain awareness of nonpharmacological and other comfort measures for labor and birth
- Trust in birth as an instinctive process
- Understand physical, emotional and spiritual aspects of giving birth
- Understand ways to practice Human Values in labor and in life
- Realize the impact of mother-daughter relationships in birth